Freight Handling and Forwarding
Maritime and Aviation Course List
General Course List
- Explain and identify sea freight carriers and agents - 3 - 5 Days
- Document and handle export airfreight general non-hazardous cargo - 3 - 5 Days
- Facilitate airfreight clearance and delivery - 3 - 5 Days
- Secure cargo for airfreight - 3 - 5 Days
- Airfreight Cargo - 3 - 5 Days
- Accept and process dangerous goods for transport by air - 3 - 5 Days
- Identify, pack, mark and label dangerous goods for transportation by air - 3 - 5 Days
- Outline the structure of airfreight forwarding environment - 3 - 5 Days
- Cargo Handling - 3 -5 Days
- Regulations and documentary requirements which govern international trade - 3 - 5 Days
- Explain the administration of a freight forwarding and clearing operation - 3 - 5 Days
- Describe and apply the customs and Excise Act - 3 - 5 Days
- Apply geographic principles in mapping a trade route - 3 - 5 Days
- Frame and submit custom declaration and carrier release documents - 3 - 5 Days
- Classify commodities according to custom tariff - 3 - 5 Days
- Comply with procedures in respect of lost, discrepant and damaged cargo - 3 - 5 Days
- Administer multimodal surface freight import clearances - 3 - 5 Days
- Apply groupage processes and procedures to cargo imported by surface - 3 - 5 Days
- Carry out intermodal surface costing - 3 - 5 Days
- Document and handle export surface general non-hazardous cargo - 3 - 5 Days
- Customs Procedures - 3 - 5 Days
- Transportation Documentation - 3 - 5 Days
- Handle cargo for import and export - 3 - 5 Days
- Interpret and apply International Commercial Terms - 3 - 5 Days
- Equipment and infrastructure used in International transport - 3 - 5 Days
- Outline the structure of surface forwarding environment - 3 - 5 Days
Surface Freight Course List
Insurance Course List
- Facilitate the forwarding and clearing of dangerous goods for transportation - 3 - 5 Days
- Courier - 3 - 5 Days
- Surface Import - 3 - 5 Days
- Dangerous Goods Surface - 3 - 5 Days
- Groupage Surface - 3 - 5 Days
- Arrange distribution of small to medium consignments door-to-door - 3 - 5 Days
Finance Course List
- Apply knowledge of insurance to the transportation of a consignment of goods - 3 - 5 Days
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of transportation insurance - 3 - 5 Days
- Insurance Procedures - 3 - 5 Days
- Insurance Knowledge - 3 - 5 Days
Customs Course List
- Generate invoices, credit notes and landed costing - 3 - 5 Days
- Calculate customs values - 3 - 5 Days
- Calculate duties on tax payable on internationally traded goods - 3 - 5 Days
- Calculate duties and VAT payable on internationally traded goods - 3 - 5 Days
- Calculate the cost of air freighting goods - 3 - 5 Days
- Incoterms - Purchasing and Shipping of International goods - 3 - 5 Days
- Costing Surface - 3 - 5 Days
- Customs Tariffs - 3 - 5 Days
- Customs Values - 3 - 5 Days
- Customs Duties - 3 - 5 Days
- Customs Declaration - 3 - 5 Days
It's a fact that a large number of South African workers in formal employment are not as productive as they could be because of low literacy levels.
The ISS ABET programme is designed to improve the skill levels of the local workforce - by providing meaningful, basic quality adult education.
We support workers in their effort to acquire numeracy and communicative skills that will allow them to embark on a lifelong learning process, and reach their maximum potential in their careers and communities.
Through the ISS ABET programme:
- LEARNERS will be able to qualify for learnership programmes while progressing towards a recognised formal qualification.
- COMPANIES receive support in their efforts to implement workplace skills plans, in line with the Skills Development Act No.97 of 1999.
ISS offers the fundamental core and elective components of ABET. Learners may choose from the electives to acquire credits needed to complete the full ABET qualification, while fundamentals (see below) are compulsory:
- Communication in IsiZulu
Levels 1 - 2
- Communication in English Second Language
Levels 1 - 3
- Communication Studies and Language
- Numeracy in English and IsiZulu
Levels 1 - 2
- Mathematical Literacy
Levels 3 - 4
- View Full Course List
The emphasis is on real world interactions and problem solving.
Benefits of ABET Training with ISS
- Our ABET is cost-effective and saves time (±70 - 80 hours).
- We're an accredited, established company employing professionals in the fields of education and assessment.
- We've worked with a number of clients in the corporate sector, with references available on request.
- We follow a thorough, 4-phase implementation plan, consulting with clients and unions to ensure the project is aligned with workplace skill plans and learner needs, and outlines the monitoring / assessment methods to be used.
- We conduct stringent assessments to ensure learners are placed in the correct ABET level.
- Our ABET is learner-based, making it easy to understand, engaging and fun.
- Our courses are designed and customised to meet individual and workplace needs.
- Our ABET levels 1 - 4 are facilitator driven with the option of ABET levels 3 - 4 being computer facilitated for optimised, expedient learning.
- Our mother tongue instruction is learner-friendly.
- We empower people by employing local tutors who have been mentored, trained and managed by our professional team.
- A Life Orientation Programme and psychologists provide learner support.
- Certificates of qualification come from the Independent Examinations Board (IEB) or Department of Education.
- A sense of continuity is created for learners. They can easily progress after completing their ABET training and enrol in many more ISS training programmes (e.g. Microsoft End User Training, Management Training).